Mar 5, 2010, 4:54 PM EDT
You’d never expect for there to be a rivalry of sorts building between the Vancouver Canucks and the Chicago Blackhawks, but an emotion-filled playoff series can do that as well as the possibility the two teams will face off in the postseason against this year.
One part of the bad blood between the two teams is the head to head battle between Ryan Kesler and Andrew Ladd. Kesler called Ladd a coward during last year’s playoff series after Kesler’s nose was broken as the result of a big hit.
Yet despite the animosity among the players and the teams, Kesler says he’s not focused on Ladd this time around. From The Province:
“[Ladd] is probably going to hit me a couple of times tonight,”
Kesler said. “I’ll be ready for it.
“I’m not going to chirp at
all, I’m going to play my game.”
I’m sure there’s going to be some big hits tonight, but don’t expect any hair-pulling shenanigans. Hopefully though, we’ll see a hard-fought precursor to what should be a spirited playoff series if they do meet in a few months.
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)