Mar 5, 2010, 4:54 PM EST
You’d never expect for there to be a rivalry of sorts building between the Vancouver Canucks and the Chicago Blackhawks, but an emotion-filled playoff series can do that as well as the possibility the two teams will face off in the postseason against this year.
One part of the bad blood between the two teams is the head to head battle between Ryan Kesler and Andrew Ladd. Kesler called Ladd a coward during last year’s playoff series after Kesler’s nose was broken as the result of a big hit.
Yet despite the animosity among the players and the teams, Kesler says he’s not focused on Ladd this time around. From The Province:
“[Ladd] is probably going to hit me a couple of times tonight,”
Kesler said. “I’ll be ready for it.
“I’m not going to chirp at
all, I’m going to play my game.”
I’m sure there’s going to be some big hits tonight, but don’t expect any hair-pulling shenanigans. Hopefully though, we’ll see a hard-fought precursor to what should be a spirited playoff series if they do meet in a few months.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 5
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 6
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8