Mar 5, 2010, 6:10 PM EDT
Montreal Canadiens forward Maxim Lapierre will miss four games and lose $14,248.72 after being suspended for a hit from behind on San Jose Sharks forward Scott Nichol, reports Jeff Marek.
“That was a tough play. Those are the kinds of plays we don’t like to see because he’s in a very vulnerable position. It was a tough call and the refs were very open about that,” Blake said.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 22
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17