Mar 5, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Yesterday we reported that not only would Marian Gaborik miss last night’s game against Pittsburgh, but that he most likely wouldn’t play this weekend and would likely return as early as Wednesday. There have been murmurs that the injury is possibly his groin, which would indicate at least a week off the ice to recover from fully. This isn’t an injury you want to push through, especially considering how he’s the leading scorer for the Rangers and arguably their most important player for the playoff run.
So would you rather him miss 2-3 games now, come back healthy, or play through it and miss 2-3 weeks when he aggravates it? Especially considering how Patrice Bergerion “blew his out” playing through his groin injury.
Now we learn that not only is Gaborik practicing today, but is planning on playing tomorrow, according to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
Good for him if he’s 100% better. But for a player with a history of injury troubles, shouldn’t he and the team play it safe?
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)