Mar 5, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Yesterday we reported that not only would Marian Gaborik miss last night’s game against Pittsburgh, but that he most likely wouldn’t play this weekend and would likely return as early as Wednesday. There have been murmurs that the injury is possibly his groin, which would indicate at least a week off the ice to recover from fully. This isn’t an injury you want to push through, especially considering how he’s the leading scorer for the Rangers and arguably their most important player for the playoff run.
So would you rather him miss 2-3 games now, come back healthy, or play through it and miss 2-3 weeks when he aggravates it? Especially considering how Patrice Bergerion “blew his out” playing through his groin injury.
Now we learn that not only is Gaborik practicing today, but is planning on playing tomorrow, according to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
Good for him if he’s 100% better. But for a player with a history of injury troubles, shouldn’t he and the team play it safe?
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 35
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 16
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 41
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 52
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 26
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal