Mar 5, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
Yesterday we reported that not only would Marian Gaborik miss last night’s game against Pittsburgh, but that he most likely wouldn’t play this weekend and would likely return as early as Wednesday. There have been murmurs that the injury is possibly his groin, which would indicate at least a week off the ice to recover from fully. This isn’t an injury you want to push through, especially considering how he’s the leading scorer for the Rangers and arguably their most important player for the playoff run.
So would you rather him miss 2-3 games now, come back healthy, or play through it and miss 2-3 weeks when he aggravates it? Especially considering how Patrice Bergerion “blew his out” playing through his groin injury.
Now we learn that not only is Gaborik practicing today, but is planning on playing tomorrow, according to Newsday’s Steve Zipay.
Good for him if he’s 100% better. But for a player with a history of injury troubles, shouldn’t he and the team play it safe?
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)