Mar 5, 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
Without looking, name me the best Edmonton Oilers defenseman on the active roster. That’s healthy.
Yeah, that’s a tough one.
Especially now that not only is Sheldon Souray out for the season, but Ladislav Smid as well. Smid will require neck surgery on a injury that resulted from a big hit on January 20th. As far as Souray goes, he’s still not in the clear. From the Edmonton Sun:
Elsewhere on the medical front, Sheldon Souray remains in hospital
receiving treatment for an infection in his hand. Souray had a broken
bone repaired several weeks ago but has run into complications.
“It’s serious enough that they’re keeping him the hospital,” said
head coach Pat Quinn.
It’s a tough situation for the Oilers, who likely would have traded Souray at the deadline if it wasn’t for the infection. And let’s not let the human factor in this escape us; staying in the hospital for this long because of an infection is very serious. We hope nothing but a safe and full recovery for Souray.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)