Mar 5, 2010, 5:34 PM EST
Without looking, name me the best Edmonton Oilers defenseman on the active roster. That’s healthy.
Yeah, that’s a tough one.
Especially now that not only is Sheldon Souray out for the season, but Ladislav Smid as well. Smid will require neck surgery on a injury that resulted from a big hit on January 20th. As far as Souray goes, he’s still not in the clear. From the Edmonton Sun:
Elsewhere on the medical front, Sheldon Souray remains in hospital
receiving treatment for an infection in his hand. Souray had a broken
bone repaired several weeks ago but has run into complications.
“It’s serious enough that they’re keeping him the hospital,” said
head coach Pat Quinn.
It’s a tough situation for the Oilers, who likely would have traded Souray at the deadline if it wasn’t for the infection. And let’s not let the human factor in this escape us; staying in the hospital for this long because of an infection is very serious. We hope nothing but a safe and full recovery for Souray.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 30
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 113
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (113)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)