Mar 5, 2010, 5:34 PM EDT
Without looking, name me the best Edmonton Oilers defenseman on the active roster. That’s healthy.
Yeah, that’s a tough one.
Especially now that not only is Sheldon Souray out for the season, but Ladislav Smid as well. Smid will require neck surgery on a injury that resulted from a big hit on January 20th. As far as Souray goes, he’s still not in the clear. From the Edmonton Sun:
Elsewhere on the medical front, Sheldon Souray remains in hospital
receiving treatment for an infection in his hand. Souray had a broken
bone repaired several weeks ago but has run into complications.
“It’s serious enough that they’re keeping him the hospital,” said
head coach Pat Quinn.
It’s a tough situation for the Oilers, who likely would have traded Souray at the deadline if it wasn’t for the infection. And let’s not let the human factor in this escape us; staying in the hospital for this long because of an infection is very serious. We hope nothing but a safe and full recovery for Souray.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 31
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)