Mar 4, 2010, 3:03 PM EDT
Canada coach Mike Babcock and USA goaltender Ryan Miller will be on NHL Hour with Commissioner Gary Bettman tonight on NHL Home Ice from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. The show encourages fans to call in with questions for the commissioner, and tonight he’ll have two key pieces of the momentous gold medal game as his guests.
Of course, we’d have liked an audio showdown between Sidney Crosby and Ryan Miller since we missed out on a rematch on Tuesday night. But that would be pretty tough since Sid is playing tonight in New York; although a call-in interview from the visitor’s locker room would be pretty neat.
NHL press release is after the jump.
TEAM CANADA HEAD COACH MIKE BABCOCK AND USA GOALTENDER RYAN
ARE TODAY’S GUESTS ON “NHL HOUR WITH COMMISSIONER GARY
NEW YORK (March 4, 2010) – Mike Babcock, head coach of
the Detroit Red Wings and Team Canada, and Ryan Miller goaltender for
the Buffalo Sabres and Team USA, are today’s guests on NHL Hour With
Commissioner Gary Bettman on NHL.com and SIRIUS XM Radio at 6 p.m. ET.
Babcock’s international coaching career has been golden. On Sunday, as
head coach of Canada’s Men’s Olympic hockey team, Babcock completed
hockey’s grand slam by adding yet another accomplishment to his already
impressive resume. With Canada’s 3-2 overtime victory against Team USA
in Vancouver, Babcock became the only coach in hockey history to guide
teams to supremacy in four of the most prestigious tournaments in the
game: the World Junior Championship, the World Championship, the Olympic
Games and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
Babcock coached Team Canada
to gold medal performances at the 1997 World Junior Championship in
Geneva, 2004 World Championship in Prague and 2010 Olympic Winter Games
in Vancouver. In 2008, the same year he was named as a finalist for the
Jack Adams Trophy as NHL Coach of the Year, Babcock guided the Detroit
Red Wings to a Stanley Cup championship by defeating Sidney Crosby’s
Pittsburgh Penguins in six games.
On Sunday, moments after
receiving his silver medal, Team USA’s goaltender Ryan Miller was also
named tournament MVP, voted to the All-Star team and named one of three
recipients of the Directorate Awards at the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in
Vancouver. Miller came into the gold medal game with the weight of the
team on his shoulders, after finishing the semi-final round with a
perfect 4-0 record.
Miller’s Sabres are currently sitting one
point off the NHL’s Northeast Division lead with 75 points. The Club’s
next game is Friday against the Philadelphia Flyers. He set new career
highs in saves (48) and shots faced (50) against Toronto on January 8
and played in his 300th career NHL game on January 6, 2010.
match-up for the March 21 “Game of the Week” on NBC Sports also will be
announced during NHL Hour With Commissioner Gary Bettman.
Hour with Commissioner Gary Bettman broadcasts live on Thursdays from 6
p.m. to 7 p.m. ET on NHL Home Ice (XM Channel 204 and on SIRIUS Channel
208 as part of the “Best of XM” programming package) and NHL.com. The
show will re-air on SIRIUS XM Radio, with archived shows available for
download via podcast on NHL.com.
The show encourages fans to call
in with questions for the Commissioner. To submit questions to NHL Hour
call 1-877-645-6696. NHL Hour with Commissioner Gary Bettman is a
production of NHL
- Watch Live: Predators at Blackhawks 0
- Watch Live: Capitals at Islanders 3
- Sens turn to Anderson for Game 3 3
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 10
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 72
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 63
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 166
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 18
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 6
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (166)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)