Mar 4, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
You know a player is special when his supposed scoring slump is measured in minutes instead of games. Such is the case of the Washington Capitals’ absurdly prolific mega-star Alex Ovechkin. The Russian winger hasn’t scored an NHL goal since Feb. 7, when he propelled the Caps past the Penguins with a hat trick in a nearly snowed out game.
Ryan Cleaver wrote about Ovechkin’s staggering statistics, also bringing up the possibility of Ovechkin passing Gretzky.
“At his current pace he’d pass Gretzky for the all time lead in goals at the age of 36, one year after his current contract expires.”
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51