Mar 4, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
You know a player is special when his supposed scoring slump is measured in minutes instead of games. Such is the case of the Washington Capitals’ absurdly prolific mega-star Alex Ovechkin. The Russian winger hasn’t scored an NHL goal since Feb. 7, when he propelled the Caps past the Penguins with a hat trick in a nearly snowed out game.
Ryan Cleaver wrote about Ovechkin’s staggering statistics, also bringing up the possibility of Ovechkin passing Gretzky.
“At his current pace he’d pass Gretzky for the all time lead in goals at the age of 36, one year after his current contract expires.”
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 1
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 3
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 27
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 23
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12