Mar 4, 2010, 9:45 PM EDT
You know a player is special when his supposed scoring slump is measured in minutes instead of games. Such is the case of the Washington Capitals’ absurdly prolific mega-star Alex Ovechkin. The Russian winger hasn’t scored an NHL goal since Feb. 7, when he propelled the Caps past the Penguins with a hat trick in a nearly snowed out game.
Ryan Cleaver wrote about Ovechkin’s staggering statistics, also bringing up the possibility of Ovechkin passing Gretzky.
“At his current pace he’d pass Gretzky for the all time lead in goals at the age of 36, one year after his current contract expires.”
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 37
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 17
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 15
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 96
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead