Mar 4, 2010, 6:20 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings signed their first-round pick Brayden Schenn to a three-year entry level deal.
Schenn is the younger brother of Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Luke (who was practically deified last season for being a rookie, his looks and the fact that he stood out by not being terrible). What I’ll always remember, though, is Brian Burke’s reaction when the Kings drafted Schenn and therefore kept the brothers from playing on the same team in Toronto. Good times.
Want to know more about Brayden Schenn? According to Inside the Kings, Schenn has been compared to the likes of Doug Gilmour, Mike Richards and Rod Brind’Amour. No pressure, kid.
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 7
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 13
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 23
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 22
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld