Mar 4, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings signed their first-round pick Brayden Schenn to a three-year entry level deal.
Schenn is the younger brother of Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Luke (who was practically deified last season for being a rookie, his looks and the fact that he stood out by not being terrible). What I’ll always remember, though, is Brian Burke’s reaction when the Kings drafted Schenn and therefore kept the brothers from playing on the same team in Toronto. Good times.
Want to know more about Brayden Schenn? According to Inside the Kings, Schenn has been compared to the likes of Doug Gilmour, Mike Richards and Rod Brind’Amour. No pressure, kid.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld