Mar 4, 2010, 6:20 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings signed their first-round pick Brayden Schenn to a three-year entry level deal.
Schenn is the younger brother of Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Luke (who was practically deified last season for being a rookie, his looks and the fact that he stood out by not being terrible). What I’ll always remember, though, is Brian Burke’s reaction when the Kings drafted Schenn and therefore kept the brothers from playing on the same team in Toronto. Good times.
Want to know more about Brayden Schenn? According to Inside the Kings, Schenn has been compared to the likes of Doug Gilmour, Mike Richards and Rod Brind’Amour. No pressure, kid.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 9
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 12
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 38
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld