Mar 4, 2010, 6:20 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings signed their first-round pick Brayden Schenn to a three-year entry level deal.
Schenn is the younger brother of Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Luke (who was practically deified last season for being a rookie, his looks and the fact that he stood out by not being terrible). What I’ll always remember, though, is Brian Burke’s reaction when the Kings drafted Schenn and therefore kept the brothers from playing on the same team in Toronto. Good times.
Want to know more about Brayden Schenn? According to Inside the Kings, Schenn has been compared to the likes of Doug Gilmour, Mike Richards and Rod Brind’Amour. No pressure, kid.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 117
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (117)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld