Mar 4, 2010, 6:20 PM EST
The Los Angeles Kings signed their first-round pick Brayden Schenn to a three-year entry level deal.
Schenn is the younger brother of Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Luke (who was practically deified last season for being a rookie, his looks and the fact that he stood out by not being terrible). What I’ll always remember, though, is Brian Burke’s reaction when the Kings drafted Schenn and therefore kept the brothers from playing on the same team in Toronto. Good times.
Want to know more about Brayden Schenn? According to Inside the Kings, Schenn has been compared to the likes of Doug Gilmour, Mike Richards and Rod Brind’Amour. No pressure, kid.
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 36
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 NHL Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld