Mar 4, 2010, 5:26 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have posted pictures of Kari Lehtonen’s new mask, and words cannot describe how great this one is.
Lehtonen has become known for the incredible designs on his mask, usually featuring pop-culture figures. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News gives us a run down of all of his past masks, before we get to the newest one. Here are a few:
Now the newest one is the best of them all. I’ll always be partial to Heath Ledger and the Joker, but any mask that has Clint Eastwood as it’s main theme is alright in my books.
Now the question becomes whether he’ll ever actually get to use the mask in a game. Lehtonen has played in the NHL since last season, and could make his Dallas Stars debut on Saturday against the Penguins.
Nothing like getting back into the flow of NHL action by taking on Sidney Crosby and company. And they’ll have Alexei Ponikarovsky (maybe). Even better. At least he’ll look good.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)