Mar 4, 2010, 5:26 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have posted pictures of Kari Lehtonen’s new mask, and words cannot describe how great this one is.
Lehtonen has become known for the incredible designs on his mask, usually featuring pop-culture figures. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News gives us a run down of all of his past masks, before we get to the newest one. Here are a few:
Now the newest one is the best of them all. I’ll always be partial to Heath Ledger and the Joker, but any mask that has Clint Eastwood as it’s main theme is alright in my books.
Now the question becomes whether he’ll ever actually get to use the mask in a game. Lehtonen has played in the NHL since last season, and could make his Dallas Stars debut on Saturday against the Penguins.
Nothing like getting back into the flow of NHL action by taking on Sidney Crosby and company. And they’ll have Alexei Ponikarovsky (maybe). Even better. At least he’ll look good.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 13
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 9
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 52
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (52)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (41)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)