Mar 4, 2010, 5:26 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have posted pictures of Kari Lehtonen’s new mask, and words cannot describe how great this one is.
Lehtonen has become known for the incredible designs on his mask, usually featuring pop-culture figures. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News gives us a run down of all of his past masks, before we get to the newest one. Here are a few:
Now the newest one is the best of them all. I’ll always be partial to Heath Ledger and the Joker, but any mask that has Clint Eastwood as it’s main theme is alright in my books.
Now the question becomes whether he’ll ever actually get to use the mask in a game. Lehtonen has played in the NHL since last season, and could make his Dallas Stars debut on Saturday against the Penguins.
Nothing like getting back into the flow of NHL action by taking on Sidney Crosby and company. And they’ll have Alexei Ponikarovsky (maybe). Even better. At least he’ll look good.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 12
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 16
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)