Mar 4, 2010, 5:26 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have posted pictures of Kari Lehtonen’s new mask, and words cannot describe how great this one is.
Lehtonen has become known for the incredible designs on his mask, usually featuring pop-culture figures. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News gives us a run down of all of his past masks, before we get to the newest one. Here are a few:
Now the newest one is the best of them all. I’ll always be partial to Heath Ledger and the Joker, but any mask that has Clint Eastwood as it’s main theme is alright in my books.
Now the question becomes whether he’ll ever actually get to use the mask in a game. Lehtonen has played in the NHL since last season, and could make his Dallas Stars debut on Saturday against the Penguins.
Nothing like getting back into the flow of NHL action by taking on Sidney Crosby and company. And they’ll have Alexei Ponikarovsky (maybe). Even better. At least he’ll look good.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 20
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 26
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)