Mar 4, 2010, 5:26 PM EDT
The Dallas Stars have posted pictures of Kari Lehtonen’s new mask, and words cannot describe how great this one is.
Lehtonen has become known for the incredible designs on his mask, usually featuring pop-culture figures. Mike Heika of the Dallas Morning News gives us a run down of all of his past masks, before we get to the newest one. Here are a few:
Now the newest one is the best of them all. I’ll always be partial to Heath Ledger and the Joker, but any mask that has Clint Eastwood as it’s main theme is alright in my books.
Now the question becomes whether he’ll ever actually get to use the mask in a game. Lehtonen has played in the NHL since last season, and could make his Dallas Stars debut on Saturday against the Penguins.
Nothing like getting back into the flow of NHL action by taking on Sidney Crosby and company. And they’ll have Alexei Ponikarovsky (maybe). Even better. At least he’ll look good.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 21
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 13
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 64
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)