Mar 4, 2010, 9:29 AM EDT
David Booth missed three months of action for the Panthers after this hit by Mike Richards of the Philadelphia Flyers. Some said it was it was dirty, blind side hit while some said it was just an unfortunate injury from a hard, high check by Richards. Whatever the case, Booth was out for good period of time with a concussion and last night was his first chance to play Richards and the Flyers since the injury.
He made the wait worth it.
Booth had a goal and three assists, was named one of the NHL’s three stars last night, and he took on Richards in an emotionally charged fight. Booth is not necessarily known as a fighter or a tough guy, but he certainly held his own.
“That was kind of expected. I don’t really know what I’m doing when I
fight,” Booth said. “But it was just a lot of…I don’t know what’s built
up, but what could have been this year if you were playing, you think
about that. But that’s behind me now. I don’t have to worry about
that…and be free of this.”
It was the Gordie Howe hat trick for Booth, who is still recovering from the injury. Do you necessarily want to see a guy coming off a bad concussion throwing fists? Of course not, but we all love a good revenge story.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 0
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 1
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 9
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 33
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)