Mar 4, 2010, 9:29 AM EST
David Booth missed three months of action for the Panthers after this hit by Mike Richards of the Philadelphia Flyers. Some said it was it was dirty, blind side hit while some said it was just an unfortunate injury from a hard, high check by Richards. Whatever the case, Booth was out for good period of time with a concussion and last night was his first chance to play Richards and the Flyers since the injury.
He made the wait worth it.
Booth had a goal and three assists, was named one of the NHL’s three stars last night, and he took on Richards in an emotionally charged fight. Booth is not necessarily known as a fighter or a tough guy, but he certainly held his own.
“That was kind of expected. I don’t really know what I’m doing when I
fight,” Booth said. “But it was just a lot of…I don’t know what’s built
up, but what could have been this year if you were playing, you think
about that. But that’s behind me now. I don’t have to worry about
that…and be free of this.”
It was the Gordie Howe hat trick for Booth, who is still recovering from the injury. Do you necessarily want to see a guy coming off a bad concussion throwing fists? Of course not, but we all love a good revenge story.
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 0
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 8
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 40
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45