Mar 4, 2010, 9:29 AM EDT
David Booth missed three months of action for the Panthers after this hit by Mike Richards of the Philadelphia Flyers. Some said it was it was dirty, blind side hit while some said it was just an unfortunate injury from a hard, high check by Richards. Whatever the case, Booth was out for good period of time with a concussion and last night was his first chance to play Richards and the Flyers since the injury.
He made the wait worth it.
Booth had a goal and three assists, was named one of the NHL’s three stars last night, and he took on Richards in an emotionally charged fight. Booth is not necessarily known as a fighter or a tough guy, but he certainly held his own.
“That was kind of expected. I don’t really know what I’m doing when I
fight,” Booth said. “But it was just a lot of…I don’t know what’s built
up, but what could have been this year if you were playing, you think
about that. But that’s behind me now. I don’t have to worry about
that…and be free of this.”
It was the Gordie Howe hat trick for Booth, who is still recovering from the injury. Do you necessarily want to see a guy coming off a bad concussion throwing fists? Of course not, but we all love a good revenge story.
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 10
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 15
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25