Mar 4, 2010, 9:29 AM EDT
David Booth missed three months of action for the Panthers after this hit by Mike Richards of the Philadelphia Flyers. Some said it was it was dirty, blind side hit while some said it was just an unfortunate injury from a hard, high check by Richards. Whatever the case, Booth was out for good period of time with a concussion and last night was his first chance to play Richards and the Flyers since the injury.
He made the wait worth it.
Booth had a goal and three assists, was named one of the NHL’s three stars last night, and he took on Richards in an emotionally charged fight. Booth is not necessarily known as a fighter or a tough guy, but he certainly held his own.
“That was kind of expected. I don’t really know what I’m doing when I
fight,” Booth said. “But it was just a lot of…I don’t know what’s built
up, but what could have been this year if you were playing, you think
about that. But that’s behind me now. I don’t have to worry about
that…and be free of this.”
It was the Gordie Howe hat trick for Booth, who is still recovering from the injury. Do you necessarily want to see a guy coming off a bad concussion throwing fists? Of course not, but we all love a good revenge story.
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 0
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 12
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14