Mar 3, 2010, 11:58 AM EDT
Over 25 million Americans watched the game live, nearly one-third of
the country had the game turned on, and in case you missed it you’ll get
your chance to see what has to be considered one of the greatest hockey
games ever. And if you watched it the first time, well why not watch it
Universal Sports will be replaying the Vancouver Olympics
Hockey Gold Medal Game between the USA and Canada tonight at 8 p.m.
While the ultimate outcome was disappointing for the
Americans (SPOILERS!!), there’s no doubt that the chance to see the USA
players take the best team in the world to the brink one more time is
one you don’t want to pass up. This was a game where the U.S. was
against the ropes, down 2-0 before storming back to tie the game with
seconds left in regulation.
The excitement, the stress, the
all-out level of play between both teams was a marvel to witness. It’s
also a great example of why hockey is the most exciting sport in the
world, and why Olympic hockey raises that bar even higher. You can also
see Sidney Crosby instantly become the greatest hero in Canadian
history; well, at least in recent history. He’s still young.
sure if Universal Sports is available in your area? Go
here to find out.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5