Mar 3, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Earlier today it looked like the possibility that Tomas Kaberle was traded was a remote possibility. At the very least though, I thought he should at least see what is out there for him before he’s traded away to anywhere this summer.
Now, it seems things have changed. Kaberle insists he hasn’t given Brian Burke a list, but he has said that he would consider a trade depending on where it was to.
The back and forth nature of this ‘drama’ considering Kaberle is getting old. I completely understand that he is a person and not just a piece of hardware to be moved around as the owners please, but if he was willing to waive the clause for the right deal then don’t say there’s no way you’re leaving.
It’s obvious that Kaberle wants to stay in Toronto, and it’s hurting him to consider going elsewhere. But this is a team that is in complete overhaul mode and he’s on his way out this summer, no matter what.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 5
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12