Mar 3, 2010, 2:00 PM EST
Earlier today it looked like the possibility that Tomas Kaberle was traded was a remote possibility. At the very least though, I thought he should at least see what is out there for him before he’s traded away to anywhere this summer.
Now, it seems things have changed. Kaberle insists he hasn’t given Brian Burke a list, but he has said that he would consider a trade depending on where it was to.
The back and forth nature of this ‘drama’ considering Kaberle is getting old. I completely understand that he is a person and not just a piece of hardware to be moved around as the owners please, but if he was willing to waive the clause for the right deal then don’t say there’s no way you’re leaving.
It’s obvious that Kaberle wants to stay in Toronto, and it’s hurting him to consider going elsewhere. But this is a team that is in complete overhaul mode and he’s on his way out this summer, no matter what.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2