Mar 3, 2010, 2:00 PM EST
Earlier today it looked like the possibility that Tomas Kaberle was traded was a remote possibility. At the very least though, I thought he should at least see what is out there for him before he’s traded away to anywhere this summer.
Now, it seems things have changed. Kaberle insists he hasn’t given Brian Burke a list, but he has said that he would consider a trade depending on where it was to.
The back and forth nature of this ‘drama’ considering Kaberle is getting old. I completely understand that he is a person and not just a piece of hardware to be moved around as the owners please, but if he was willing to waive the clause for the right deal then don’t say there’s no way you’re leaving.
It’s obvious that Kaberle wants to stay in Toronto, and it’s hurting him to consider going elsewhere. But this is a team that is in complete overhaul mode and he’s on his way out this summer, no matter what.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 17
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5