Mar 3, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Earlier today it looked like the possibility that Tomas Kaberle was traded was a remote possibility. At the very least though, I thought he should at least see what is out there for him before he’s traded away to anywhere this summer.
Now, it seems things have changed. Kaberle insists he hasn’t given Brian Burke a list, but he has said that he would consider a trade depending on where it was to.
The back and forth nature of this ‘drama’ considering Kaberle is getting old. I completely understand that he is a person and not just a piece of hardware to be moved around as the owners please, but if he was willing to waive the clause for the right deal then don’t say there’s no way you’re leaving.
It’s obvious that Kaberle wants to stay in Toronto, and it’s hurting him to consider going elsewhere. But this is a team that is in complete overhaul mode and he’s on his way out this summer, no matter what.
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 4
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 36
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6