Mar 3, 2010, 2:00 PM EDT
Earlier today it looked like the possibility that Tomas Kaberle was traded was a remote possibility. At the very least though, I thought he should at least see what is out there for him before he’s traded away to anywhere this summer.
Now, it seems things have changed. Kaberle insists he hasn’t given Brian Burke a list, but he has said that he would consider a trade depending on where it was to.
The back and forth nature of this ‘drama’ considering Kaberle is getting old. I completely understand that he is a person and not just a piece of hardware to be moved around as the owners please, but if he was willing to waive the clause for the right deal then don’t say there’s no way you’re leaving.
It’s obvious that Kaberle wants to stay in Toronto, and it’s hurting him to consider going elsewhere. But this is a team that is in complete overhaul mode and he’s on his way out this summer, no matter what.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)