Mar 3, 2010, 2:38 PM EDT
Raffi Torres is on his way to Buffalo, as he’s the latest player to be traded in the final months of his contract. He hasn’t scored more than 20 goals since 2006, but he’s on the doorstep this season with 19 goals in 60 games with Columbus. He’ll give the Sabres some needed scoring punch and give Ryan Miller some support on the other side of the ice.
Of course, the Sabres would prefer to be able to re-sign Torres this summer (you’d think), but perhaps they won’t even have the chance.
The Hockey News scout Mike Seidel is saying that Torres is bragging that there’s no way he’ll sign a contract extension, because he plans on going to Toronto this summer. Talk about a player with a plan in mind. No wonder he was traded.
There’s a good possibility this is just hearsay and isn’t true but if it is, what sort of attitude will he have Buffalo? Is he just biding his time until he is able to return to his hometown?
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)