Mar 3, 2010, 12:40 PM EDT
Well, I thought that Aaron Ward would make a nice addition to a
playoff contending team in the final months of his great career.
Instead, he’ll finish up in Anaheim playing for the Ducks.
the consummate professional, has three Stanley Cup wins under his belt
and it really would have been great to see him get another shot (he
doesn’t necessarily NEED another shot, but you like to see the good guys
finish out on top) with a team that is on it’s way to the playoffs.
you have to give Ward credit; during his interview with TSN he talked
about how Anaheim was still in the race and how he was glad to help give
them a chance. But let’s be real here. Ward’s family will stay where
they are, finish the school year and he’ll be right back with them in
April. He’s used to it, he’s been traded five times in his career.
This was a trade that Carolina had been looking to make, and it looks like Anaheim gave the best offer (obviously). And before the trade Anaheim had just six defensemen, so they needed some depth. But really…what was the point?
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 10
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 21
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 23
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)