Mar 3, 2010, 12:40 PM EST
Well, I thought that Aaron Ward would make a nice addition to a
playoff contending team in the final months of his great career.
Instead, he’ll finish up in Anaheim playing for the Ducks.
the consummate professional, has three Stanley Cup wins under his belt
and it really would have been great to see him get another shot (he
doesn’t necessarily NEED another shot, but you like to see the good guys
finish out on top) with a team that is on it’s way to the playoffs.
you have to give Ward credit; during his interview with TSN he talked
about how Anaheim was still in the race and how he was glad to help give
them a chance. But let’s be real here. Ward’s family will stay where
they are, finish the school year and he’ll be right back with them in
April. He’s used to it, he’s been traded five times in his career.
This was a trade that Carolina had been looking to make, and it looks like Anaheim gave the best offer (obviously). And before the trade Anaheim had just six defensemen, so they needed some depth. But really…what was the point?
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)