Mar 3, 2010, 9:41 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this before.
The Florida Panthers are
going to be sellers today as they look to unload salary, especially as
they prepare for next season. The Panther have just one player that will
be a UFA this summer — Dennis Seidenberg — and he is most certainly
on the block. There is also the strong chance that Tomas Vokoun will be
traded as well, as teams look to add a top goaltender for either the
future or a playoff run (**cough** Philly).
A couple of issues
could hold things up. Seidenberg is apparently owed a $1 million bonus
in June, and Vokoun has one year left on his contract, playing him $5.7
million per. Also, Vokoun has a no trade clause, but he could waive that
for the right team.
Currently, the Panthers have $47 million in salary tied up for
next season, and they’re certainly not succeeding with the roster they
have now. Something needs to change but they have little wiggle room;
hence the sale.
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 0
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 28
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 4
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 45
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1