Mar 3, 2010, 9:41 AM EST
Stop me if you’ve heard this before.
The Florida Panthers are
going to be sellers today as they look to unload salary, especially as
they prepare for next season. The Panther have just one player that will
be a UFA this summer — Dennis Seidenberg — and he is most certainly
on the block. There is also the strong chance that Tomas Vokoun will be
traded as well, as teams look to add a top goaltender for either the
future or a playoff run (**cough** Philly).
A couple of issues
could hold things up. Seidenberg is apparently owed a $1 million bonus
in June, and Vokoun has one year left on his contract, playing him $5.7
million per. Also, Vokoun has a no trade clause, but he could waive that
for the right team.
Currently, the Panthers have $47 million in salary tied up for
next season, and they’re certainly not succeeding with the roster they
have now. Something needs to change but they have little wiggle room;
hence the sale.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 0
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 57
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 40
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 76
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (76)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (65)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)