Mar 3, 2010, 9:41 AM EDT
Stop me if you’ve heard this before.
The Florida Panthers are
going to be sellers today as they look to unload salary, especially as
they prepare for next season. The Panther have just one player that will
be a UFA this summer — Dennis Seidenberg — and he is most certainly
on the block. There is also the strong chance that Tomas Vokoun will be
traded as well, as teams look to add a top goaltender for either the
future or a playoff run (**cough** Philly).
A couple of issues
could hold things up. Seidenberg is apparently owed a $1 million bonus
in June, and Vokoun has one year left on his contract, playing him $5.7
million per. Also, Vokoun has a no trade clause, but he could waive that
for the right team.
Currently, the Panthers have $47 million in salary tied up for
next season, and they’re certainly not succeeding with the roster they
have now. Something needs to change but they have little wiggle room;
hence the sale.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 13
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 13
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)