Mar 3, 2010, 10:51 AM EST
Derek Morris is headed back to Phoenix in what is purely a salary
dump by the Boston Bruins and nothing else. The Coyotes sent a 4th round
pick in 2011 to Boston (in what is widely considered a weak draft), so
this was just a case of Boston needing to clear up some room in order to
make room for a likely trade later today.
Morris was traded last
year at the deadline from Phoenix to New York, and now he’s back less
than a year later. Tough to say if how he’ll do with the Coyotes this
time around, since his last go with Wayne Gretzky behind the bench did
not go so well.
It appears that Boston is set up to try for
Ray Whitney or even Dan Hamhuis now.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11