Mar 3, 2010, 10:51 AM EDT
Derek Morris is headed back to Phoenix in what is purely a salary
dump by the Boston Bruins and nothing else. The Coyotes sent a 4th round
pick in 2011 to Boston (in what is widely considered a weak draft), so
this was just a case of Boston needing to clear up some room in order to
make room for a likely trade later today.
Morris was traded last
year at the deadline from Phoenix to New York, and now he’s back less
than a year later. Tough to say if how he’ll do with the Coyotes this
time around, since his last go with Wayne Gretzky behind the bench did
not go so well.
It appears that Boston is set up to try for
Ray Whitney or even Dan Hamhuis now.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 1
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55