Mar 3, 2010, 10:51 AM EDT
Derek Morris is headed back to Phoenix in what is purely a salary
dump by the Boston Bruins and nothing else. The Coyotes sent a 4th round
pick in 2011 to Boston (in what is widely considered a weak draft), so
this was just a case of Boston needing to clear up some room in order to
make room for a likely trade later today.
Morris was traded last
year at the deadline from Phoenix to New York, and now he’s back less
than a year later. Tough to say if how he’ll do with the Coyotes this
time around, since his last go with Wayne Gretzky behind the bench did
not go so well.
It appears that Boston is set up to try for
Ray Whitney or even Dan Hamhuis now.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63