Mar 2, 2010, 3:18 PM EDT
This may sound odd, but a 38-year old forward who has been a staple
of the NHL for 20 years could be a key piece in a trade in the next 24
It appears as if the Wild are likely to deal Owen Nolan,
with Minnesota a long shot at best to reach the playoffs. Michael Russo,
Star Tribune beat writer for the Wild, says that with the Wild so far
back, Nolan could
A month ago when
Wild was one, two points out, I was told the Wild was not trading Owen
Nolan. I am not being told that anymore.
I do believe there’s a very good
chance Owen Nolan will be dealt.
no one is expecting Nolan to set the world on fire if traded, he could
certainly provide a Gary Roberts-with-Pittsburgh boost to a playoff
contending team. He still has skill, he can still score and he has that
third-line veteran presence that many teams are looking for.
for the 39 year old forward who could provide a scoring boost and
veteran presence for a contender?
Mike Modano has a no trade
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17