Mar 2, 2010, 2:23 PM EDT
If today is any sign, then tomorrow’s trade deadline action is going
to be fun.
Despite some rumors to the contrary, it appears that
Tomas Vokoun has not told the Panthers that he would not waive his no
trade clause, keeping the possibility open the could be traded before
tomorrow’s deadline. George
Richards of On Frozen Blog spoke with the goaltender today:
YOU GIVEN HIM A LIST OF TEAMS?
didn’t. We agreed we wouldn’t make public any of the details. But I
didn’t. It’s more like, if there’s a deal in place, he’ll let me know.
Ultimately it’s my decision, yes or no.
TOLD THE PANTHERS YOU WOULDN’T WAIVE THE NO TRADE?
that’s not true.
Basically, he won’t give the team a list of teams he’ll accept a trade to. But the Panthers will still be fielding offers and when a deal is close to being made, Vokoun will have veto power over the potential trade.
So where could he go? Philadelphia is a possibility,
although it seems as if the Flyers are ready to go with Michael
Leighton. Toronto might be a possibility, although
the team already shot down a rumor of Cristobal Huet becoming a
So could Vokoun go to Chicago. There’s a growing sentiment
that the Blackhawks are reluctant to go with Huet for the playoffs, and
that Vokoun would be a better option.
If Vokoun is waiting on the
perfect deal to waive his NTC, then you have to think that going from
Florida to Chicago would be an ideal situation. That’s like moving from
the 2 bedroom house without a backyard to the two-story with a three car
garage and a pool. With good defense.
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 7
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 23
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Gillis won’t say if Tortorella’s lost Canucks room 31
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 6
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 30
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 19
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)