Mar 2, 2010, 2:23 PM EDT
If today is any sign, then tomorrow’s trade deadline action is going
to be fun.
Despite some rumors to the contrary, it appears that
Tomas Vokoun has not told the Panthers that he would not waive his no
trade clause, keeping the possibility open the could be traded before
tomorrow’s deadline. George
Richards of On Frozen Blog spoke with the goaltender today:
YOU GIVEN HIM A LIST OF TEAMS?
didn’t. We agreed we wouldn’t make public any of the details. But I
didn’t. It’s more like, if there’s a deal in place, he’ll let me know.
Ultimately it’s my decision, yes or no.
TOLD THE PANTHERS YOU WOULDN’T WAIVE THE NO TRADE?
that’s not true.
Basically, he won’t give the team a list of teams he’ll accept a trade to. But the Panthers will still be fielding offers and when a deal is close to being made, Vokoun will have veto power over the potential trade.
So where could he go? Philadelphia is a possibility,
although it seems as if the Flyers are ready to go with Michael
Leighton. Toronto might be a possibility, although
the team already shot down a rumor of Cristobal Huet becoming a
So could Vokoun go to Chicago. There’s a growing sentiment
that the Blackhawks are reluctant to go with Huet for the playoffs, and
that Vokoun would be a better option.
If Vokoun is waiting on the
perfect deal to waive his NTC, then you have to think that going from
Florida to Chicago would be an ideal situation. That’s like moving from
the 2 bedroom house without a backyard to the two-story with a three car
garage and a pool. With good defense.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63