Mar 2, 2010, 2:23 PM EST
If today is any sign, then tomorrow’s trade deadline action is going
to be fun.
Despite some rumors to the contrary, it appears that
Tomas Vokoun has not told the Panthers that he would not waive his no
trade clause, keeping the possibility open the could be traded before
tomorrow’s deadline. George
Richards of On Frozen Blog spoke with the goaltender today:
YOU GIVEN HIM A LIST OF TEAMS?
didn’t. We agreed we wouldn’t make public any of the details. But I
didn’t. It’s more like, if there’s a deal in place, he’ll let me know.
Ultimately it’s my decision, yes or no.
TOLD THE PANTHERS YOU WOULDN’T WAIVE THE NO TRADE?
that’s not true.
Basically, he won’t give the team a list of teams he’ll accept a trade to. But the Panthers will still be fielding offers and when a deal is close to being made, Vokoun will have veto power over the potential trade.
So where could he go? Philadelphia is a possibility,
although it seems as if the Flyers are ready to go with Michael
Leighton. Toronto might be a possibility, although
the team already shot down a rumor of Cristobal Huet becoming a
So could Vokoun go to Chicago. There’s a growing sentiment
that the Blackhawks are reluctant to go with Huet for the playoffs, and
that Vokoun would be a better option.
If Vokoun is waiting on the
perfect deal to waive his NTC, then you have to think that going from
Florida to Chicago would be an ideal situation. That’s like moving from
the 2 bedroom house without a backyard to the two-story with a three car
garage and a pool. With good defense.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 6
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 8
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 46
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)