Mar 2, 2010, 2:23 PM EST
If today is any sign, then tomorrow’s trade deadline action is going
to be fun.
Despite some rumors to the contrary, it appears that
Tomas Vokoun has not told the Panthers that he would not waive his no
trade clause, keeping the possibility open the could be traded before
tomorrow’s deadline. George
Richards of On Frozen Blog spoke with the goaltender today:
YOU GIVEN HIM A LIST OF TEAMS?
didn’t. We agreed we wouldn’t make public any of the details. But I
didn’t. It’s more like, if there’s a deal in place, he’ll let me know.
Ultimately it’s my decision, yes or no.
TOLD THE PANTHERS YOU WOULDN’T WAIVE THE NO TRADE?
that’s not true.
Basically, he won’t give the team a list of teams he’ll accept a trade to. But the Panthers will still be fielding offers and when a deal is close to being made, Vokoun will have veto power over the potential trade.
So where could he go? Philadelphia is a possibility,
although it seems as if the Flyers are ready to go with Michael
Leighton. Toronto might be a possibility, although
the team already shot down a rumor of Cristobal Huet becoming a
So could Vokoun go to Chicago. There’s a growing sentiment
that the Blackhawks are reluctant to go with Huet for the playoffs, and
that Vokoun would be a better option.
If Vokoun is waiting on the
perfect deal to waive his NTC, then you have to think that going from
Florida to Chicago would be an ideal situation. That’s like moving from
the 2 bedroom house without a backyard to the two-story with a three car
garage and a pool. With good defense.
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 7
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 7
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 16
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 12
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (137)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)