Mar 2, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
As we approach the trade deadline we’re starting to see the waiver
wire heat up, as expected. With teams needing to make room on their
roster both overall and salary wise, its a great opportunity for others
to pick up useful help without having to give up anything via trade.
These are usually veterans and pending UFA’s, who most likely wouldn’t
bring much value via trade.
Here are the players placed on waivers today:
Ryan Oulahen (Detroit),
Enver Lisin (New York Rangers)
Aaron Voros (New York Rangers),
Anders Eriksson (Phoenix),
Chris Chelios (Atlanta).
Ryan Jones (Nashville),
John Grahame (Colorado)
Perhaps the biggest surprise on this list
is Ryan Jones, the gritty winger from Nashville. He’s exactly the sort
of player who can add needed depth and energy, and would be great for a
playoff contender. It’s doubtful he’ll get very far on waivers, however.
Jones going on waivers most likely signals the Predators gearing up for another trade attempt, after the Dan Hamhuis trade attempts last night apparently fell apart.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5