Mar 2, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
As we approach the trade deadline we’re starting to see the waiver
wire heat up, as expected. With teams needing to make room on their
roster both overall and salary wise, its a great opportunity for others
to pick up useful help without having to give up anything via trade.
These are usually veterans and pending UFA’s, who most likely wouldn’t
bring much value via trade.
Here are the players placed on waivers today:
Ryan Oulahen (Detroit),
Enver Lisin (New York Rangers)
Aaron Voros (New York Rangers),
Anders Eriksson (Phoenix),
Chris Chelios (Atlanta).
Ryan Jones (Nashville),
John Grahame (Colorado)
Perhaps the biggest surprise on this list
is Ryan Jones, the gritty winger from Nashville. He’s exactly the sort
of player who can add needed depth and energy, and would be great for a
playoff contender. It’s doubtful he’ll get very far on waivers, however.
Jones going on waivers most likely signals the Predators gearing up for another trade attempt, after the Dan Hamhuis trade attempts last night apparently fell apart.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 0
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 13
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31