Mar 2, 2010, 12:32 PM EDT
As we approach the trade deadline we’re starting to see the waiver
wire heat up, as expected. With teams needing to make room on their
roster both overall and salary wise, its a great opportunity for others
to pick up useful help without having to give up anything via trade.
These are usually veterans and pending UFA’s, who most likely wouldn’t
bring much value via trade.
Here are the players placed on waivers today:
Ryan Oulahen (Detroit),
Enver Lisin (New York Rangers)
Aaron Voros (New York Rangers),
Anders Eriksson (Phoenix),
Chris Chelios (Atlanta).
Ryan Jones (Nashville),
John Grahame (Colorado)
Perhaps the biggest surprise on this list
is Ryan Jones, the gritty winger from Nashville. He’s exactly the sort
of player who can add needed depth and energy, and would be great for a
playoff contender. It’s doubtful he’ll get very far on waivers, however.
Jones going on waivers most likely signals the Predators gearing up for another trade attempt, after the Dan Hamhuis trade attempts last night apparently fell apart.
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 0
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 3
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 45
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 81
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (112)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- WATCH LIVE: Wings-Hawks, Game 4
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1