Mar 2, 2010, 7:10 PM EST
After waiving him in February, the Anaheim Ducks managed to unload Nick Boynton to the Chicago Blackhawks for the always-amusing “future considerations” according to The Globe and Mail‘s James Mirtle.
“Anaheim’s a team that has to stay on budget and can’t afford to pay guys in the AHL.”
“Boynton already cleared waivers about a month ago and has played in the AHL. I don’t know why Chicago wants him.”
Then again, when you consider the fact that Anaheim will only receive “future considerations” the deal smells like a glorified waiver wire pickup. What, exactly, are the standards for “future considerations” anyway? Does this mean that Stan Bowman will promise to give Bob Murray a bite of his cheesecake during an NHL Awards banquet? Maybe the Ducks will get a solid discount on hotels in the Chicago area?
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46