Mar 2, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
After waiving him in February, the Anaheim Ducks managed to unload Nick Boynton to the Chicago Blackhawks for the always-amusing “future considerations” according to The Globe and Mail‘s James Mirtle.
“Anaheim’s a team that has to stay on budget and can’t afford to pay guys in the AHL.”
“Boynton already cleared waivers about a month ago and has played in the AHL. I don’t know why Chicago wants him.”
Then again, when you consider the fact that Anaheim will only receive “future considerations” the deal smells like a glorified waiver wire pickup. What, exactly, are the standards for “future considerations” anyway? Does this mean that Stan Bowman will promise to give Bob Murray a bite of his cheesecake during an NHL Awards banquet? Maybe the Ducks will get a solid discount on hotels in the Chicago area?
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5