Mar 2, 2010, 7:10 PM EDT
After waiving him in February, the Anaheim Ducks managed to unload Nick Boynton to the Chicago Blackhawks for the always-amusing “future considerations” according to The Globe and Mail‘s James Mirtle.
“Anaheim’s a team that has to stay on budget and can’t afford to pay guys in the AHL.”
“Boynton already cleared waivers about a month ago and has played in the AHL. I don’t know why Chicago wants him.”
Then again, when you consider the fact that Anaheim will only receive “future considerations” the deal smells like a glorified waiver wire pickup. What, exactly, are the standards for “future considerations” anyway? Does this mean that Stan Bowman will promise to give Bob Murray a bite of his cheesecake during an NHL Awards banquet? Maybe the Ducks will get a solid discount on hotels in the Chicago area?
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 15
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17