Mar 2, 2010, 1:23 PM EST
This morning it was first reported that Marian Gaborik would be
expected to play tonight for the Rangers, after trying an playing though
an injury during the Olympics.
Yet he wasn’t at the team’s
morning skate, and he will not be playing tonight.
Gaborik: “it’s a
lower body issue…I don’t think that I can really come in and help the
team here…it’s day to day”
exactly what the Rangers weren’t exactly looking to hear from their
leading scorer, and highest paid roster player. This is also the fear
that all NHL fans face when their players take part in the Olympics;
sure Gaborik is representing his country but now it’s affecting his time
with the Rangers, the team that is paying him.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46