Mar 2, 2010, 1:23 PM EDT
This morning it was first reported that Marian Gaborik would be
expected to play tonight for the Rangers, after trying an playing though
an injury during the Olympics.
Yet he wasn’t at the team’s
morning skate, and he will not be playing tonight.
Gaborik: “it’s a
lower body issue…I don’t think that I can really come in and help the
team here…it’s day to day”
exactly what the Rangers weren’t exactly looking to hear from their
leading scorer, and highest paid roster player. This is also the fear
that all NHL fans face when their players take part in the Olympics;
sure Gaborik is representing his country but now it’s affecting his time
with the Rangers, the team that is paying him.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 14
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 15
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39