Mar 2, 2010, 1:23 PM EDT
This morning it was first reported that Marian Gaborik would be
expected to play tonight for the Rangers, after trying an playing though
an injury during the Olympics.
Yet he wasn’t at the team’s
morning skate, and he will not be playing tonight.
Gaborik: “it’s a
lower body issue…I don’t think that I can really come in and help the
team here…it’s day to day”
exactly what the Rangers weren’t exactly looking to hear from their
leading scorer, and highest paid roster player. This is also the fear
that all NHL fans face when their players take part in the Olympics;
sure Gaborik is representing his country but now it’s affecting his time
with the Rangers, the team that is paying him.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 46
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 123
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 80
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7