Mar 2, 2010, 1:23 PM EDT
This morning it was first reported that Marian Gaborik would be
expected to play tonight for the Rangers, after trying an playing though
an injury during the Olympics.
Yet he wasn’t at the team’s
morning skate, and he will not be playing tonight.
Gaborik: “it’s a
lower body issue…I don’t think that I can really come in and help the
team here…it’s day to day”
exactly what the Rangers weren’t exactly looking to hear from their
leading scorer, and highest paid roster player. This is also the fear
that all NHL fans face when their players take part in the Olympics;
sure Gaborik is representing his country but now it’s affecting his time
with the Rangers, the team that is paying him.
- In praise of John Tavares 3
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 12
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31