Mar 2, 2010, 1:23 PM EDT
This morning it was first reported that Marian Gaborik would be
expected to play tonight for the Rangers, after trying an playing though
an injury during the Olympics.
Yet he wasn’t at the team’s
morning skate, and he will not be playing tonight.
Gaborik: “it’s a
lower body issue…I don’t think that I can really come in and help the
team here…it’s day to day”
exactly what the Rangers weren’t exactly looking to hear from their
leading scorer, and highest paid roster player. This is also the fear
that all NHL fans face when their players take part in the Olympics;
sure Gaborik is representing his country but now it’s affecting his time
with the Rangers, the team that is paying him.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5