Mar 2, 2010, 10:47 AM EST
It appears all of this hand wringing over a potential Nashville and Philadelphia trade has been for naught.
CSN Philly is reporting that it Nashville will most likely not be trading Hamhuis.
As of Tuesday morning, it appears as if Nashville general manager David
Poile hasn’t been impressed enough to move defenseman Dan Hamhuis to the
Flyers or anyone else.
“Three teams have made offers on Hamhuis, and they
have not been accepted,” said a source close to the situation. “Dan
wants to stay in Nashville. At this point, it looks like the Predators
are going to keep him.”
As I mentioned earlier today, it appeared the hangup was that Philadelphia just didn’t have the available pieces to sway Nashville in a trade. Neither did anyone else, it appears.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 28
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)