Mar 2, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
It appears all of this hand wringing over a potential Nashville and Philadelphia trade has been for naught.
CSN Philly is reporting that it Nashville will most likely not be trading Hamhuis.
As of Tuesday morning, it appears as if Nashville general manager David
Poile hasn’t been impressed enough to move defenseman Dan Hamhuis to the
Flyers or anyone else.
“Three teams have made offers on Hamhuis, and they
have not been accepted,” said a source close to the situation. “Dan
wants to stay in Nashville. At this point, it looks like the Predators
are going to keep him.”
As I mentioned earlier today, it appeared the hangup was that Philadelphia just didn’t have the available pieces to sway Nashville in a trade. Neither did anyone else, it appears.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)