Mar 2, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
It appears all of this hand wringing over a potential Nashville and Philadelphia trade has been for naught.
CSN Philly is reporting that it Nashville will most likely not be trading Hamhuis.
As of Tuesday morning, it appears as if Nashville general manager David
Poile hasn’t been impressed enough to move defenseman Dan Hamhuis to the
Flyers or anyone else.
“Three teams have made offers on Hamhuis, and they
have not been accepted,” said a source close to the situation. “Dan
wants to stay in Nashville. At this point, it looks like the Predators
are going to keep him.”
As I mentioned earlier today, it appeared the hangup was that Philadelphia just didn’t have the available pieces to sway Nashville in a trade. Neither did anyone else, it appears.
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 20
- Everything happens: Ovechkin nails Tavares, Isles score 17
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 17
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 33
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 57
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 106
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)