Mar 2, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
It appears all of this hand wringing over a potential Nashville and Philadelphia trade has been for naught.
CSN Philly is reporting that it Nashville will most likely not be trading Hamhuis.
As of Tuesday morning, it appears as if Nashville general manager David
Poile hasn’t been impressed enough to move defenseman Dan Hamhuis to the
Flyers or anyone else.
“Three teams have made offers on Hamhuis, and they
have not been accepted,” said a source close to the situation. “Dan
wants to stay in Nashville. At this point, it looks like the Predators
are going to keep him.”
As I mentioned earlier today, it appeared the hangup was that Philadelphia just didn’t have the available pieces to sway Nashville in a trade. Neither did anyone else, it appears.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)