Mar 2, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
It appears all of this hand wringing over a potential Nashville and Philadelphia trade has been for naught.
CSN Philly is reporting that it Nashville will most likely not be trading Hamhuis.
As of Tuesday morning, it appears as if Nashville general manager David
Poile hasn’t been impressed enough to move defenseman Dan Hamhuis to the
Flyers or anyone else.
“Three teams have made offers on Hamhuis, and they
have not been accepted,” said a source close to the situation. “Dan
wants to stay in Nashville. At this point, it looks like the Predators
are going to keep him.”
As I mentioned earlier today, it appeared the hangup was that Philadelphia just didn’t have the available pieces to sway Nashville in a trade. Neither did anyone else, it appears.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 2
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)