Mar 2, 2010, 12:21 PM EDT
to the Boston Herald, the Boston Bruins may be looking to trade Tim
Thomas was signed to a four-year contract extension last
year in the midst of a Vezina-winning season. Thomas posted an
unbelievable 2.10 goals-against average with a whopping .933 save
percentage and played even better for the Bruins in the playoffs.
season? Not so much.
The 35 year old goaltender has just a
13-15-7 record, despite his stats still being respectable (2.52 GAA,
.915 save%). Thomas is winless in his last six games with the Bruins,
and was pulled twice. The Bruins will be looking to open up some salary,
especially with Tuukka Rask playing so well this season.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 0
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 43
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12