Mar 2, 2010, 12:21 PM EDT
to the Boston Herald, the Boston Bruins may be looking to trade Tim
Thomas was signed to a four-year contract extension last
year in the midst of a Vezina-winning season. Thomas posted an
unbelievable 2.10 goals-against average with a whopping .933 save
percentage and played even better for the Bruins in the playoffs.
season? Not so much.
The 35 year old goaltender has just a
13-15-7 record, despite his stats still being respectable (2.52 GAA,
.915 save%). Thomas is winless in his last six games with the Bruins,
and was pulled twice. The Bruins will be looking to open up some salary,
especially with Tuukka Rask playing so well this season.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34