Mar 2, 2010, 12:21 PM EDT
to the Boston Herald, the Boston Bruins may be looking to trade Tim
Thomas was signed to a four-year contract extension last
year in the midst of a Vezina-winning season. Thomas posted an
unbelievable 2.10 goals-against average with a whopping .933 save
percentage and played even better for the Bruins in the playoffs.
season? Not so much.
The 35 year old goaltender has just a
13-15-7 record, despite his stats still being respectable (2.52 GAA,
.915 save%). Thomas is winless in his last six games with the Bruins,
and was pulled twice. The Bruins will be looking to open up some salary,
especially with Tuukka Rask playing so well this season.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8