Mar 2, 2010, 12:21 PM EST
to the Boston Herald, the Boston Bruins may be looking to trade Tim
Thomas was signed to a four-year contract extension last
year in the midst of a Vezina-winning season. Thomas posted an
unbelievable 2.10 goals-against average with a whopping .933 save
percentage and played even better for the Bruins in the playoffs.
season? Not so much.
The 35 year old goaltender has just a
13-15-7 record, despite his stats still being respectable (2.52 GAA,
.915 save%). Thomas is winless in his last six games with the Bruins,
and was pulled twice. The Bruins will be looking to open up some salary,
especially with Tuukka Rask playing so well this season.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5