Mar 1, 2010, 7:55 AM EST
Hockey is a noble, brutal, graceful, violent and incredible game and it’s easily the most exciting sport to watch and experience. The human drama surrounding the sport is just about as interesting as the game on the ice, and there is no better or exciting sport to follow on a day-to-day basis. It’s a great game, and there just aren’t enough words to describe how much I love it.
Welcome to Pro Hockey Talk, the new venture from from NBC Sports where we hope to bring all the NHL and hockey news you can handle.
Pro Hockey Talk will be your one place to go for all of your NHL news; rumors, injuries, trades, breaking news and even some analysis and breakdowns of our own. Our model is based on Pro Football Talk, the preeminent football blog run by Mike Florio and company. We’ll do our best to emulate the great site that Mike has built, but at the same we’re going to do our best to become our own great blog that stands apart from the rest.
We’ll be breaking down each night’s action, looking ahead to the top games of the week, updating you on any rumor that may pass our way and oh yeah — the trade deadline is just 55 hours away.
Please bookmark our site, and you can also find our RSS feed here. PHT is also on Twitter, if that’s your thing (if not, it should be). We’ll be supplying you daily with nothing but the best hockey news and commentary we can provide so please, come back often; there’s something here for everybody.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)