Mar 1, 2010, 7:55 AM EDT
Hockey is a noble, brutal, graceful, violent and incredible game and it’s easily the most exciting sport to watch and experience. The human drama surrounding the sport is just about as interesting as the game on the ice, and there is no better or exciting sport to follow on a day-to-day basis. It’s a great game, and there just aren’t enough words to describe how much I love it.
Welcome to Pro Hockey Talk, the new venture from from NBC Sports where we hope to bring all the NHL and hockey news you can handle.
Pro Hockey Talk will be your one place to go for all of your NHL news; rumors, injuries, trades, breaking news and even some analysis and breakdowns of our own. Our model is based on Pro Football Talk, the preeminent football blog run by Mike Florio and company. We’ll do our best to emulate the great site that Mike has built, but at the same we’re going to do our best to become our own great blog that stands apart from the rest.
We’ll be breaking down each night’s action, looking ahead to the top games of the week, updating you on any rumor that may pass our way and oh yeah — the trade deadline is just 55 hours away.
Please bookmark our site, and you can also find our RSS feed here. PHT is also on Twitter, if that’s your thing (if not, it should be). We’ll be supplying you daily with nothing but the best hockey news and commentary we can provide so please, come back often; there’s something here for everybody.
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 3
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 49
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 43
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 55
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)
- Play Video: Highlights: Sharks take critical Game 3 in OT
- Play Video: Stuart lands huge hit on Williams
- Play Video: Toffoli gets Kings on the board
- Play Video: Sharks take advantage of early penalty
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal