Mar 1, 2010, 7:55 AM EDT
Hockey is a noble, brutal, graceful, violent and incredible game and it’s easily the most exciting sport to watch and experience. The human drama surrounding the sport is just about as interesting as the game on the ice, and there is no better or exciting sport to follow on a day-to-day basis. It’s a great game, and there just aren’t enough words to describe how much I love it.
Welcome to Pro Hockey Talk, the new venture from from NBC Sports where we hope to bring all the NHL and hockey news you can handle.
Pro Hockey Talk will be your one place to go for all of your NHL news; rumors, injuries, trades, breaking news and even some analysis and breakdowns of our own. Our model is based on Pro Football Talk, the preeminent football blog run by Mike Florio and company. We’ll do our best to emulate the great site that Mike has built, but at the same we’re going to do our best to become our own great blog that stands apart from the rest.
We’ll be breaking down each night’s action, looking ahead to the top games of the week, updating you on any rumor that may pass our way and oh yeah — the trade deadline is just 55 hours away.
Please bookmark our site, and you can also find our RSS feed here. PHT is also on Twitter, if that’s your thing (if not, it should be). We’ll be supplying you daily with nothing but the best hockey news and commentary we can provide so please, come back often; there’s something here for everybody.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)