Mar 1, 2010, 7:55 AM EST
Hockey is a noble, brutal, graceful, violent and incredible game and it’s easily the most exciting sport to watch and experience. The human drama surrounding the sport is just about as interesting as the game on the ice, and there is no better or exciting sport to follow on a day-to-day basis. It’s a great game, and there just aren’t enough words to describe how much I love it.
Welcome to Pro Hockey Talk, the new venture from from NBC Sports where we hope to bring all the NHL and hockey news you can handle.
Pro Hockey Talk will be your one place to go for all of your NHL news; rumors, injuries, trades, breaking news and even some analysis and breakdowns of our own. Our model is based on Pro Football Talk, the preeminent football blog run by Mike Florio and company. We’ll do our best to emulate the great site that Mike has built, but at the same we’re going to do our best to become our own great blog that stands apart from the rest.
We’ll be breaking down each night’s action, looking ahead to the top games of the week, updating you on any rumor that may pass our way and oh yeah — the trade deadline is just 55 hours away.
Please bookmark our site, and you can also find our RSS feed here. PHT is also on Twitter, if that’s your thing (if not, it should be). We’ll be supplying you daily with nothing but the best hockey news and commentary we can provide so please, come back often; there’s something here for everybody.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 8
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)