Mar 1, 2010, 7:55 AM EDT
Hockey is a noble, brutal, graceful, violent and incredible game and it’s easily the most exciting sport to watch and experience. The human drama surrounding the sport is just about as interesting as the game on the ice, and there is no better or exciting sport to follow on a day-to-day basis. It’s a great game, and there just aren’t enough words to describe how much I love it.
Welcome to Pro Hockey Talk, the new venture from from NBC Sports where we hope to bring all the NHL and hockey news you can handle.
Pro Hockey Talk will be your one place to go for all of your NHL news; rumors, injuries, trades, breaking news and even some analysis and breakdowns of our own. Our model is based on Pro Football Talk, the preeminent football blog run by Mike Florio and company. We’ll do our best to emulate the great site that Mike has built, but at the same we’re going to do our best to become our own great blog that stands apart from the rest.
We’ll be breaking down each night’s action, looking ahead to the top games of the week, updating you on any rumor that may pass our way and oh yeah — the trade deadline is just 55 hours away.
Please bookmark our site, and you can also find our RSS feed here. PHT is also on Twitter, if that’s your thing (if not, it should be). We’ll be supplying you daily with nothing but the best hockey news and commentary we can provide so please, come back often; there’s something here for everybody.
- ‘We’re going into the cage,’ says Kings’ coach Sutter about Game 5 0
- Kings stave off elimination, force Game 5 against Sharks 21
- Wild hold off late Avalanche push to even series at 2-2 53
- Bruins scratch out OT win, push Red Wings to brink 42
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at L.A. Kings 0
- WATCH LIVE: Colorado Avalanche at Minnesota Wild (Game 4) 5
- Monster of a surprise: Red Wings start Gustavsson over Howard 5
- WATCH LIVE: Boston Bruins at Detroit Red Wings (Game 4) 2
- Bylsma rips Penguins, calls effort level ‘troubling’ 64
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 99
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Wild’s Cooke offered in-person hearing for knee-on-knee collision with Barrie (111)