Mar 1, 2010, 10:42 PM EDT
Until Tomas Kaberle changes his mind at the last minute, we’ll just
go under the assumption he’s staying in Toronto.
agent told reporters today that he maintains he will not waive his
no trade clause:
“Nothing has changed,” Curran said yesterday, denying reports his
client has submitted a list of teams to which he would accept a trade.
“It’s as it always has been. He would prefer to stay in Toronto,
The clause in conditional on the Leafs making the playoffs this season,
and right now there’s about a 1.45% chance that will happen. So once the
season is over and the Leafs are out on the golf course in April, the
Leafs will be able to trade Kaberle to any team they choose, in order to
obtain valuable assets for the future.
Kaberle is going to be a top target this summer, although his
price tag is a bit high. He’ll have just one year remaining on his
contract worth $4.25 million for next season, but his experience and
ability will have a number of teams salivating.
Expect Kaberle to at least consider waiving his NTC, as he tries to
control the team he’ll eventually end up with. After Wednesday, that
control will be gone.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 7
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 11
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 9
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 17
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (51)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)