Mar 1, 2010, 10:42 PM EDT
Until Tomas Kaberle changes his mind at the last minute, we’ll just
go under the assumption he’s staying in Toronto.
agent told reporters today that he maintains he will not waive his
no trade clause:
“Nothing has changed,” Curran said yesterday, denying reports his
client has submitted a list of teams to which he would accept a trade.
“It’s as it always has been. He would prefer to stay in Toronto,
The clause in conditional on the Leafs making the playoffs this season,
and right now there’s about a 1.45% chance that will happen. So once the
season is over and the Leafs are out on the golf course in April, the
Leafs will be able to trade Kaberle to any team they choose, in order to
obtain valuable assets for the future.
Kaberle is going to be a top target this summer, although his
price tag is a bit high. He’ll have just one year remaining on his
contract worth $4.25 million for next season, but his experience and
ability will have a number of teams salivating.
Expect Kaberle to at least consider waiving his NTC, as he tries to
control the team he’ll eventually end up with. After Wednesday, that
control will be gone.
- Report: Wild’s Harding likely out months, not weeks 0
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 9
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 38
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 17
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 7
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 59
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (59)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)