Mar 1, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
It seems the 15-year man is having some issues with his knee. Again.
Dipietro missed over a year with the New York Islanders due to
multiple knee surgeries and has played in just 13 NHL games since 2008.
He returned this season and has had some success, with a 2.60
goals-against average and a .900 save percentage in eight games.
news broke that DiPietro
was out indefinitely with a left knee injury and instantly there
was speculation that the knee troubles that had him sidelined for so long had
Well, it’s not that bad. DiPietro is listed as
“day-to-day” with the injury, which
he says was just some swelling due to working out to get back on
the ice after a week off for the Olympic break.
“It’s like anything, you fear the worst and hope the best and this is
as close to the best as possible,” DiPietro said. “This is a big thing
we’re battling back from here and we don’t want to do anything foolish
to ruin all the hard work we’ve put into it.”
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 1
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 13
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39