Mar 1, 2010, 2:49 PM EDT
It seems the 15-year man is having some issues with his knee. Again.
Dipietro missed over a year with the New York Islanders due to
multiple knee surgeries and has played in just 13 NHL games since 2008.
He returned this season and has had some success, with a 2.60
goals-against average and a .900 save percentage in eight games.
news broke that DiPietro
was out indefinitely with a left knee injury and instantly there
was speculation that the knee troubles that had him sidelined for so long had
Well, it’s not that bad. DiPietro is listed as
“day-to-day” with the injury, which
he says was just some swelling due to working out to get back on
the ice after a week off for the Olympic break.
“It’s like anything, you fear the worst and hope the best and this is
as close to the best as possible,” DiPietro said. “This is a big thing
we’re battling back from here and we don’t want to do anything foolish
to ruin all the hard work we’ve put into it.”
- After prepping for three years, Franson excited to test free agency 5
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 13
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 35
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 17
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 76
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 58
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)