Mar 1, 2010, 2:49 PM EST
It seems the 15-year man is having some issues with his knee. Again.
Dipietro missed over a year with the New York Islanders due to
multiple knee surgeries and has played in just 13 NHL games since 2008.
He returned this season and has had some success, with a 2.60
goals-against average and a .900 save percentage in eight games.
news broke that DiPietro
was out indefinitely with a left knee injury and instantly there
was speculation that the knee troubles that had him sidelined for so long had
Well, it’s not that bad. DiPietro is listed as
“day-to-day” with the injury, which
he says was just some swelling due to working out to get back on
the ice after a week off for the Olympic break.
“It’s like anything, you fear the worst and hope the best and this is
as close to the best as possible,” DiPietro said. “This is a big thing
we’re battling back from here and we don’t want to do anything foolish
to ruin all the hard work we’ve put into it.”
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54