Mar 1, 2010, 2:49 PM EST
It seems the 15-year man is having some issues with his knee. Again.
Dipietro missed over a year with the New York Islanders due to
multiple knee surgeries and has played in just 13 NHL games since 2008.
He returned this season and has had some success, with a 2.60
goals-against average and a .900 save percentage in eight games.
news broke that DiPietro
was out indefinitely with a left knee injury and instantly there
was speculation that the knee troubles that had him sidelined for so long had
Well, it’s not that bad. DiPietro is listed as
“day-to-day” with the injury, which
he says was just some swelling due to working out to get back on
the ice after a week off for the Olympic break.
“It’s like anything, you fear the worst and hope the best and this is
as close to the best as possible,” DiPietro said. “This is a big thing
we’re battling back from here and we don’t want to do anything foolish
to ruin all the hard work we’ve put into it.”
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 21
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)