Mar 1, 2010, 2:49 PM EST
It seems the 15-year man is having some issues with his knee. Again.
Dipietro missed over a year with the New York Islanders due to
multiple knee surgeries and has played in just 13 NHL games since 2008.
He returned this season and has had some success, with a 2.60
goals-against average and a .900 save percentage in eight games.
news broke that DiPietro
was out indefinitely with a left knee injury and instantly there
was speculation that the knee troubles that had him sidelined for so long had
Well, it’s not that bad. DiPietro is listed as
“day-to-day” with the injury, which
he says was just some swelling due to working out to get back on
the ice after a week off for the Olympic break.
“It’s like anything, you fear the worst and hope the best and this is
as close to the best as possible,” DiPietro said. “This is a big thing
we’re battling back from here and we don’t want to do anything foolish
to ruin all the hard work we’ve put into it.”
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 0
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 1
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 8
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 13
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 5
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)